Thursday, April 18, 2013

Journal 1

As of right now there a few subjects that interest me.

The first is the life of a graduate student. I want to know the motivations, desires, any factor that lead to the decision to study music. I am thinking that this would require a lot of interviews of many different grad students and  I am also thinking not just from UCSD, but from USD and SDSU. 

My second idea is the club/rave culture. I find it interesting the strong association with drugs that this entails, especially raves. This reminds me of the 60's rock and roll culture, like the Beatles and their association with LSD and other drugs. 

Third idea is the Western Music Concerts. In this i would like to know who attends these events, why do they attend these events, and what behaviors involve this, we all know how we are supposed to behave in a concert but why?

No comments:

Post a Comment