Thursday, April 25, 2013

General Intentions

Still keeping with the graduate side of things, I intent to visit the graduate office of SDSU and UCSD.
Hopefully, the graduate offices can direct me to professors and graduate student that could help in understanding why the music graduate student do what they do. 

With these references, I ask to interview then. I will ask questions like how long have you studied music? who introduced you to music? What did you parents/grandparents listen to? where did you grow up? growing up, what sort of music did you listen to? who where/are your favorite artist/musicians? what are you currently studying? what type of music is your favorite to perform? other than music, what other art forms do you enjoy? etc.

With this information, I can understand why the graduate student decided to go to college and study music. 

To counter act this information, I may look into asking the same questions to musicians that did not go to college/graduate school to study music. Comparing the two worlds may or may not lead to a conclusion why the grad students/professors I interview went to school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment